Wednesday 17 September 2014

Glass Plate Negative





I have this glass plate negative of my grandfather and his mother. Although I also have the photo, I decided to see if I can get a photo from this.

I first scanned it with my Epson printer/scanner, then opened it in my really old Adobe Photoshop Elements program.

There I selected the photo and went to Image adjustments - invert, and got this...

 

 
 
It is actually a little more blue looking.  I then went to Enhance Colour and removed all colour. Then I played with the colour variations and brightness levels until I got a sepia look to the photo.
 
 
 
 
Not knowing anything technical about photography (I'm a point and shoot photographer) I wasn't expecting very much, so I am very pleased with the result.
 
I am intrigued that the photo must have been taken through some sort of frame?





1 comment:

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts