Tuesday 21 April 2015

New Book on the Block


There is a new book out, published April 7, 2015 by Pen and Sword Books, UK titled
Tracing your Trade & Craftsman Ancestor, by Adèle Emm

 
 
 
At Google Books you can get a pretty good preview of what it is about, giving a bit about the trades and crafts and how you, as a genealogist, can find records. Google books includes a search box and there is a clickable index at the back (scroll down).
 
I gave it a look-see and I have already learned the difference between a shoemaker, a bootmaker, a cobbler and a cordwain
 
Adèle at one point talks about the Book of Trades by Dutch Artist Jan Luyken, to which I gave the link in my article Guilds and Apprenticeships of May 2014.
 
 
Check out your bookstore, library and inter-loan.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts