Monday 8 February 2016

Take it to the Streets


By now you all know the story of my great-grand uncle Horace, a Street Railway Motorman. I wrote about him in the blog post "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World!" and also in my family history blog post "The Day Horace got Stoned". Horace got hit in the head with a brick 113 years ago during the Street Railway Strike of February 6th, 1903.

Today we are going to pay homage to the Streetcar Workers.


My grandparents didn't have a car. They lived in Verdun (now par of Montreal) and both of them took the Street Railway to work. I remember the tracks and power lines in Montreal that took the streetcars all over the city. Even after there were only buses my Granny still called them streetcars.

Perhaps you will discover your ancestor mentioned in one or more of these publications.


Relevant Links


















Brighton Tramway Corporation



Street Railway Review, Chicago (talks of Street Railways in other countries)

Vancouver Street and Street Car Directory 1910


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts