Sunday 23 October 2016

Serendipity Sunday - Landlords of the Inns



While researching my Frost ancestors of Devon, I discovered that the site for Moretonhampstead History Society had a list of Landlords of Moretonhampstead Inns. There I learned that...
On Tuesday, October 21, 1800 my 4x great grandfather, Robert Frost, took over as landlord of the Black Horse Inn in Moretonhampstead, Devon.


The Black Horse was at No 9 Cross Street, and in 1802 became the Golden Lion Inn. It is now residential.

Then I found this website with links to many pubs, inns and landlords...



Relevant Links

Publicians, Inn Keepers & Brewers in Great Britain 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts