Sunday 11 June 2017

Canada 150 - The Church Society






During our country's 150th anniversary celebration of confederation I will write posts titled Canada 150 with a link to a publication or website I find that may help you tell the story of your Canadian ancestors.
Click on the Canada 150 label on the right or at the bottom to see all the posts.

Today I have for you...


The Church Society





You will find names on list of board members, on the list of subscriptions and donations, in the treasurer's report, under each town or county, etc.






Check what towns are in the Diocese, which is wide-spread.  The Diocese of Montreal encompasses towns south to the US border, west past Vaudreuil, and east around Granby and St Hyacinthe. 





Look in your local library or archives for other Diocese reports. 


Relevant Links












2 comments:

  1. Thank you Dianne, I love the Montreal links and plan to take a closer look. Later I'll be looking at Notarial wills for Montreal too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your search is successful Louise!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts