Friday 16 June 2017

High Fives - June 16, 2017



~by Louise Jack at National Library of Scotland Blog
When I was young my family went from Montreal to Calgary by train and we slept in berths. For me it was fun, like camping out.
Quite a few years ago I looked into travelling on the Orient Express from Paris to Istanbul. What can I say, I’m a romantic history buff. The travel agent had to look into it, as apparently there is not much call for that trip.  She got back to me with a brochure and a price… over $15,000 CDN.  “We’re not bringing the kids” I told her.  
Ah, no.  That is per person.  GASP!
If you think you might want to go, here is where you can book.  
At the time I looked into the trip £1 was approximately $2.50 CDN.
If it is just the sights you want without the pomp, with a Europe Interrail pass you can do the trip on a budget, like Sarah wrote about in this article.


~by Cassandra Lee at McGill Office for Science and Society
The latest in many articles and posts about DNA testing and the springboard
for my last post.


~by Lisa Louise Cooke at Genealogy Gems
I had an idea Lisa would come up with easy follow instructions, she is so good with maps! Thank you Lisa!


~by Harold Henderson at BSG Springboard News and Notes
I was able to listen to a snippet and it sure whet my appetite! I have many family members who crossed into the US. Seems like a good webinar to order or keep an eye out for a rerun.


~by Gail Dever at Genealogy à la carte
Try it!  You’ll like it!  Type a surname in the search box, you may be surprised at where in the world they show up! Even though they are French publications, there are English names in the books too.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts