Friday 23 June 2017

High Fives - June 23, 2017



~by Tom McGregor at Legion Magazine
I would love to try out this machine!! My grandfather was at Vimy Ridge and it would be enlightening to know a little of what he experienced. You don't have to travel to Vimy Ridge to try that one, as they are installing one at the Royal Canadian Regiment Museum in London, Ontario


~by Clare Paterson at University of Glasgow Library
My first sort-of-drinking-age birthday party my Mom decided she would make us a rum punch.  My brother’s friend arrived early and the two of them were pouring and tasting. A little more rum, a little more juice, a little more rum, a little more rum… the whole bottle of rum ended up in there. Best punch ever, and no recipe!
I also took a bartending course once.  Hint.... don't drive there. 


~by Donna Moughty at Donna’s Irish Genealogy Resources 
Great explanation and tips on how to use the valuation records.
To watch Donna's lecture "Researching Your Irish Ancestors Online", even though the Jamboree is finished, you sign up here for Free then log in with the password they send you. It is available until July 10th.


~by Niall Cullen at Find My Past
What is included and how to access the records. Thursday to Monday (incl)


~by Roz Ryan-Mills at University of Glasgow Library
Follow links to database of University of Glasgow students from 1451 to 1917, you can browse or search







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts