Wednesday 2 August 2017

Canada 150 - The Kilties Band





During our country's 150th anniversary celebration of confederation I will write posts titled Canada 150 with a link to a publication or website I find that may help you tell the story of your Canadian ancestors.
Click on the Canada 150 label on the right or at the bottom to see all the posts.

Today I have for you...



The Kilties Band


Kilties Band of Belleville, Ontario 1902-1933


The Kilties were a well known Scottish band and choir based in Belleville, Ontario. They toured around Canada, the United States and Europe, even giving a performance for the King. 

This souvenir album is full of songs, some I remember as favourites of my grandfather.
There are many photos of the band members. If you know who the gentlemen are in the photos, you can write it in the comments below.

Since the band went to Europe 1904-1905 I checked passenger lists, and sure enough, they are listed coming home through Quebec City on the Kensington on 18 June 1905. The ships information is on page 1019, and the Kiltie passengers and their families are on pages 1032-1033.





You can also check border crossings for when they toured the US. 
Was your ancestor a Kiltie?


Relevant Links









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts