Friday 16 March 2018

High Fives - March 16, 2018




After a couple of months hiatus, I am bringing back my High Fives on Fridays. I like doing this segment because, besides bringing you some blog posts or bloggers you may not know, it forces me to read posts from my fellow bloggers, something I didn't have much time for lately, and greatly miss. 





High Fives are articles or blog posts I have read during the week that I find interesting, and perhaps are pertinent to my research. Sometimes there are only a couple and sometimes there are quite a few.



~by Martin at Things I Find in the Garbage
Have you ever saved photos from the trash? My brother was scanning all his photos then pitching them in the fire - I managed to salvage a few, phew! 


~by Susan Long at State Library of Victoria Blog
My grandmother wouldn't have been caught dead in pants!!  But her sister, on the other hand, wore pants whenever she wasn't working. Interesting article!


~by Alice at Family Tree
Where else have you found a description of your ancestor?


~by Tracey Arial at Genealogy Ensemble
My husband's Nolin family is from the Ste Anne area of Manitoba, and I find this information helpful.



~by Culloden Battlefield 
Another way to add to the description of our ancestors, is how they dressed.



~by DiAnn Lamarino at Fortify Your Family Tree
When I am stuck I often start with a hunch and try to prove or disprove it. I do enter it on my family tree at Ancestry (best way to search for records) but I make a note on the birth line that I am not sure about this person, so others don't copy the wrong information.  





For more exciting weekend reading, see what posts these bloggers liked...

Saturday – Gail Dever, Crème de la Crème

Sunday – Randy Seaver, Best of the Genea-Blogs



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts