Saturday 10 March 2018

The PRDH - Have you tried it for early Quebec research?





Généalogie Québec wrote a post to explain the difference between their records and the PRDH database, and the features available if you subscribe to both. Both are websites of the Drouin Institute. 





I have been a subscriber to the PRDH, developed by the Université de Montréal,
for many years. The acronym is for Programme de Recherche en Démographie Historique, (Research Programme in Historical Demography). 

You can navigate the site on a first level tier for free, but to learn more you must subscribe. The fees are for a number of hits that never expire. I subscribed quite a few years ago and I still have 46 hits left. I have found the database very helpful many times in my research of early Québec families. 

You will see at the link that if you are already subscribed to Généalogie Québec, you are eligible to receive extra free hits on buying a subscription for the PRDH.    


Relevant Link

Généalogie Québec and PRDH



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts