Tuesday 27 October 2015

Soldiers of the Queen




Today I came across this website - Soldiers of the Queen - a virtual museum of British Military photographs and research.



Interesting site of British soldiers wherever they served, India, Canada, Africa, Egypt, Australia and New Zealand, West Indies, etc, and of course at home.

I like the site design, and it is easy to navigate.

Some of the photos are unidentified... perhaps you will find your ancestor here?  Go on over and take the tour - admission is free to this museum!   


Relevant Links








4 comments:

  1. Dianne,

    I want to let you know that your blog post is listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2015/10/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-october-30.html

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dianne,

    This is fascinating -- I've been poking around in it ever since I read this post. I wanted to tell you that I've included your post in my Noteworthy Reads for this week: http://jahcmft.blogspot.com/2015/10/noteworthy-reads-23.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo. My sound is always off, so didn't realize it was so loud! Oops!

      Delete

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts