Monday 30 January 2017

Coffee, Tea or.... More Coffee!




It is not known exactly when people started drinking coffee, but there are theories.
I am a coffee drinker.  Always have been.  When I was young my Mom would make hot chocolate for my brothers and sister, but I had Mom's version of Café au Lait... heated up milk with instant A&P coffee stirred in.






And I'm with Juan, I don't like flavoured coffees. I like my coffee to taste like coffee. With lots of cream, probably from my Café au Lait days. My family and friends know not to talk to me in the morning until I've had my coffee.





I also like my Coffee.. crisp (Canadian joke)



Relevant links

The tea & coffee trade journal

Coffee: its history, classification and description, 1894

All About Coffee. 1922

How to make Perfect Coffee, 1922

Coffee Planters Manual, 1880

Coffee: production, trade and consumption by countries, 1912

Coffee and Substitutes, 1918

The Mexican Gulf agricultural company. Inc under laws of Missouri, 1896

Presented with compliments of Chase & Sanborn: Importers of and wholesale dealer in teas and coffees, 1882

Kato Coffee: souvenir of the Pan-American Exhibition, 1901

Patent - tea or coffee pot, E E Crook, 1898

All patents on file at Canada Patent Office for a Coffee Pot





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts